Message from the General Manager
The Rivers continues to focus on delivering high standards of patient care in a friendly and professional manner. Working with our partners, which include local GPs, Consultants and other Specialists; we deliver an individual personal service to patients tailored to meet their needs.
Hospital Acquired Infection rates are a key factor for patients. Our infection rates are exceptionally low (0.2%) compared with a National average of 5% and we continually work with infection control specialists to minimise infection risk.
Working within Department of Health Guidelines, we screen all patients undergoing major surgery or those at risk from MRSA with a focus on patient safety. Cleanliness is vital to minimising infection. Our hospital staff are fully trained in the latest procedures and thus maintain all areas to the highest standards.
We make no additional charges to our patients for on site parking which is free. In addition, should you stay in one of our rooms, services such as TV and Wi Fi are also free.
We continue to invest in the hospital adding a fifth theatre and a second Day Case Surgery Unit.
We are currently building our New Chemotherapy Suite, the majority of the works are external at the moment, and there should be minimal disruption apart from limited noise disturbance to a section of the ward and so the hospital is fully open for ‘business as usual’. The recent addition of the Day Surgery Unit development will continue to ensure a seamless pathway of care for patients from the point of referral, to aftercare, with a comprehensive range of tests and treatments available on site. A multi-disciplinary team of professionals provide dedicated care and 24 hour clinical support for patients
- Dexa scanning facility for measuring the amount of calcium in bones most commonly used for Osteoporosis diagnosis
- We still link to the Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
As well as patients with medical insurance, Rivers Hospital now treats more and more patients who choose to self-pay whenever they need hospital care. Both medically insured and self pay patients benefit from Ramsay Premium Care Service which includes:
- Fast access to healthcare
- Consultant led care for a specialist opinion
- Full diagnostic services to investigate your symptoms
- Easy access to and from the hospital, including access for wheelchair users, free parking, Wi Fi and TV
- Single en-suite inpatient room for peace & privacy
- Open visiting hours
- Experienced, friendly and professional staff to support you throughout your care
- Dedicated day case facilities for fast track treatment
- Choice of appointment and short waiting times
- Your own private room to assist recovery*
- Healthy à la carte food
- Personal service and care for your specific needs
*If clinically appropriate
The Rivers also works in partnership with local CCGs and Trust Hospitals to perform a number of operations on behalf of the NHS for local patients and can accept direct referrals through the Choose and Book system.
As part of Ramsay Eastern Region, Rivers Hospital has access to local services that are provided by our sister hospitals. These include specialist cardiothoracic services.
Should you have any comments on this website or any services at the Hospital please do not hesitate to contact me by post, telephone or email.
Finally may I take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support of The Rivers Hospital, which has become a key provider of healthcare to our local community in partnership with GPs, Healthcare Professionals and Patients.