Search For A Specialist
Mrs Priya Prakash is a Consultant Ophthalmologist in Hertfordshire, Rivers Hospital with special interest in Medical Retina and Cataract surgery.
With more than 25 years of experience and a wide training in ophthalmology and medical retina,
Mrs Prakash offers treatment and expertise on a wide variety of ocular conditions including:·
Cataract surgery-Phacoemulsification with monofocal, multifocal and Toric intraocular lenses
Age related macular degeneration
Diabetic eye disorders
Retinal vein occlusions
YAG Lasers and Argon Lasers
General Ophthalmology including Dry eyes, Lids and glaucoma
Mrs Prakash will see patients from 16 yrs+
Mrs.Priya Prakash is extensively trained both in the UK and India. Her training was recognised by the General Medical Council (GMC) and she went on specialist register in 2010. She has been practicing in the UK since 1999.
Master of Surgery-1997
Fellowship of Royal college of Surgeons (Glasgow)Ophtalmology-1999
International Council of Ophthalmologist-1999
GMC -license to practice since 1999
Specialist Registration in Ophthalmology 2010
Her professional roles include
• Consultant and Clinical Lead Ophthalmologist at Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow.
• Ophthalmology Lead for Diabetic and Medical Retina Services at Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow.
• Research Lead for Ophthalmology in approved clinical Trials at Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow.
• Medical Advisory Committee Ophthalmology representative at Rivers Hospital for Ophthalmology
• CESR assessor at Royal College of Ophthalmologist, London
• Examiner for FRCS at Royal College
General Medical Council
Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London
Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust