Search For A Specialist
Mrs Priya Prakash is a Consultant Ophthalmologist, who offers a professional service with care and empathy and strives to deliver best possible quality of care to the local population in both NHS and private practice.
With more than 20 years of experience and a wide training in ophthalmology and medical retina, Mrs Prakash offers treatment and expertise on a wide variety of ocular conditions including:·
- Small incision cataract surgery
- Phacoemulsification with monofocal and multifocal intraocular lenses
- Age related maculardegeneration
- Diabetic eyedisorders
- Retinal veinocclusions
- Intravitreal therapies
- Therapeutic lasers- Lid surgeries
- Dry eye / eyes
- General ophthalmology
MBBS-1993Master of Surgery-1997
Fellowship of Royal college of Surgeons(Glasgow)Ophtalmology-1999
International Council of Ophthalmologist-1999
GMC -license to practice since 1999
Specialist Registration in Ophthalmology 2010
Her current professional roles include:
- Consultant Ophthalmologist at Princess Alexandra Hospital,Harlow.
- Clinical Lead for Ophthalmology at Princess Alexandra Hospital,Harlow.
- MAC representative at Rivers Hospital for Ophthalmology.
- Ophthalmology Lead for Diabetic Retinopathy Screening Services at West Essex.
- Principal Investigator , Chief Investigator and Research Lead for Ophthalmology in approved clinical Trials at Princess Alexandra Hospital ,Harlow.
- CESR assessor at Royal College of Ophthalmologist ,London
- Examiner for FRCS at Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
General Medical Council
Royal College of Ophthalmologists
International Council of Ophthalmologists.
Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust
Alternate Wednesday afternoons and Thursday afternoons